Basel was decent this year. I enjoyed it better last year because I discovered a good number of new interesting artists. There were a few gems here and there; Kate Gilmore's work was the most worthwhile for me. However, seeing Berlin based performance artists Eva and Adele made me ridiculously happy too...
+ I'm not into the mini projector trend.
+ I was really happy with the amount of ceramic work I saw.
+ Tobias Rehberger was a favorite.
+ Tobias Rehberger was a favorite.
NADA was a favorite because it felt very considered and 90% of the booths had refreshing work. Workplace Gallery was one of my favorites.
Scope was awesome because I got to see angel face Siobhan and her fellow Skowhegan friends evolving installation.
I was impressed by the Washington DC galleries I saw, especially Heiner Contemporary. Avery Lawrence is gold.
Moving a Tree - Trailer from Avery Lawrence on Vimeo.
Pulse was pulse.
Walking around the Wynwood art district was fun... I saw Orlan at her opening; the glitter is a good touch.
Ran into Ryan Trecartin at a club and talked to him briefly... quite the handsome fellow.

No comments:
Post a Comment