Sunday, December 5, 2010

Art Basel Miami

I learned soooo much about art and the art world, friends, myself, my past, my future, etc. I will go into detail in my next post.  This weekend was amazing, exhilarating, inspiring, disappointing, heartbreaking, frustrating, want to rip my hair, eye's, and ears out kind of weekend. You can't do everything at Basel... I love that! and it makes me so angry! I guess that's why I want to go every year. I will try to be as articulate as possible in the next post but I don't know how successful it will be because there is so much I want to say. Maybe I'll just make it a jumbled mess. I'll attempt both. organize and let my thoughts run free.

I got a wake up call!

UCONN was an invaluable experience and gift to me.... I am so very grateful that I chose to get my masters there. I didn't completely realize it until this weekend (a similar experience I had with Ringling).... You never know how important or detrimental something is until you've been distanced from it for awhile.

I'm ready to get serious; I'm ready to relax.

I didn't walk out of the Basel convention center completely pissed off this year...

I kind of want to be Jeanne Greenberg without the reality TV show. I want to be an artist, collector, director, teacher.... gah! so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment